Basil and Tomato Chicken
If you’re a big fan of basil, add more just before serving!
Serves 4 – 5
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce (add more or less to taste)
- 3 boneless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook rice in large sauté pan heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, salt, hot pepper sauce and stir.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer 5 more minutes (until tomatoes are softened).
- Serve over rice. Top with Parmesan cheese.