Our dentist tracked this recipe down from the television show The Next Food Network Star. It became an instant favorite at his house, it is so full of flavor!!!!
Beer Can Chicken
- 4 Tbs. kosher salt
- 6 Tbs. light brown sugar
- 4 Tbs. smoked paprika
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbs. garlic powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- One can of beer (or any 12 oz. empty can and 12 oz. of beer)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour 6 oz. of the beer into a roasting pan.
- Add garlic cloves, rosemary sprigs and 1 Tbs. rub into the can with the remaining beer.
- Generously apply rub to the chicken.
- Insert the can inside the chicken and keep vertical.
- Place chicken into the roasting pan (vertical).
- Place on lowest rack in the oven.
Cook for 1 ½ hours – 2 hours depending on size. (A pop-up timer is helpful.)