The Mrs. Loves chicken marsala and on Mother’s Day we nailed it.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. shallots, minced
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 10 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ tsp. sage, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ cup marsala wine
- 2 Tbs. marsala wine
- 2/3 cups milk
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In 2-quart saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil and reduce by 50% uncovered (about 20 min).
- Coat chicken with flour in small amount of oil (or butter); brown the chicken.
- Transfer to greased casserole and bake approximately 20 minutes until done.
While chicken is baking:
- In skillet, melt 3 Tbs. butter.
- Cook shallots until slightly golden (1 minute).
- Add mushrooms, 1 tsp. sage, salt and pepper.
- Cook until mushrooms start to brown (6 – 8 minutes).
- Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Into skillet add 1 Tbs. oil.
- Add ½ cup marsala, bring to a boil, stir and scrape up brown bits (30 seconds).
- Add reduced broth, milk, mushroom mix and 2 Tbs. of cornstarch.
- Simmer until slightly thickened (6 – 8 min).
- Add lemon juice, 2 Tbs. marsala, ½ tsp. sage and 1 tbs. butter.
- Sauce chicken and serve.