Rescue chicken … Well one night we had a chicken dish that just was not working. The next night we dressed it up with this pesto-like recipe. Success!
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt / pepper to taste
- 1 ½ Tbs. vegetable oil
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- In food processor blend: sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and basil
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt/pepper to taste and blend
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with pepper.
- Brown chicken on both sides (can skip this step if prefer to just bake).
- Transfer chicken to greased casserole dish.
- Place half the blended mix on the chicken.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes (time depends on how long chicken was browned).
- Add remaining mix to chicken and cook 5 more minutes until done.
*I like to save some of the blended mix and top the chicken before serving.
** You can use any chicken you desire: Bone in, bone out, skin on, skin off…